Gravity Shift Progress - Friday 10/8

On Friday, October 8, 2010 0 comments

Alright, we are finally starting to make progress on the good stuff, which makes me very excited. The first exciting thing is that we have just about everyone understanding, at least the basics of git. The art people are going to struggle a bit with this, so I'm working on a new tutorial that uses TortoiseGit or maybe some other GUI that makes it easier on them. Hopefully I can find a good middle ground for them.

Actually, what I was thinking was that maybe we should break our project up for the art people. In the main repo(the one that contains all the programming) add the Content folder to the .gitignore file. From there, make a second project that just contains the Content folder. This way, the art people would not get any of the extra files that they would normally be attacked with, and we could just pull from their repo when any changes are made. I'm still on the edge about it because I'm pretty worried about how well that idea would even work, but it should definitely keep things as abstract and seperate as possible which is a good thing.

The second thing I'm excited about is that we gave out jobs on Thursday, in which the members of our team have to break up all the generic ideas that we came up with for a BETA version of our game. This should be what makes our product backlog and I feel like its going to really help move us forward by the time we meet up again on Tuesday. I've started us a wiki at:

http://github.com/DizWARE/Gravity-Shift/wiki/Gravity-Shift-Development-Wiki

so that anything we come up with is always readily available to all of us at anytime. As for my task, I was given the Physics Engine since I've already brainstormed on the many things that a physics engine would need.

0 Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment !
Leave a Comment

Next Post Previous Post
Powered by Blogger