Gravity Shift Progress - Monday 9/13

On Sunday, September 12, 2010 0 comments

I started writing the physics engine for the game, on Saturday, which was stemmed by a seeing a XNA 3.1 Physics engine that I thought about actually using. I began thinking of things a little more abstractly than I was before and procured a clear shot idea for how a specific engine might work.

The design aspects is pretty simple and go like this:

-A physics object in the realm of a gravity induced location is required to:
--A) Load itself
--B) Draw itself
--C) Update itself
I felt this was mainly required for an object that exists in a XNA game in general
To be a "physical" object it must have certain attributes:
--A) Velocity
--B) Directional Gravity Force
--C) Terminal speed(To limit velocity in any direction)
--D) Ability to check for collisions(against the world and other physics objects)

This is still a work in progress and I have yet to test if it works, but the code is very clean(something I've been stressing to myself). The class is abstract and is planned to be extended for things like Player, or Enemy(if we decide for some), or ForegroundObject(if we decide for some).

I also wrote a control scheme for the game as an interface. No matter that control scheme that is used(gamepad or keyboard), they should be tied in to the general controls of the game. From these I made two classes that implement the scheme(KeyboardScheme, GamepadScheme) that define the controls for those schemes. This should make it easy for us to support the different input devices for the player, depending on his medium for playing.

0 Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment !
Leave a Comment

Next Post Previous Post
Powered by Blogger