Gravity Shift Progress - Thursday 9/9

On Thursday, September 9, 2010 0 comments

On Tuesday, I proposed an idea of how we could easily create a full level quickly(maybe multiple levels), by programming a way to scan an image file with color codes, to define the collisions that the player may experience. I found a tutorial that did just this at: http://www.xnadevelopment.com/tutorials.shtml in which I have modified so that you can plug in new maps easily(I made 3 but its extremely easy to add more), the ability to pick levels, and have inserted some new color codes: Blue is player starting point(which the initial scan is something I added), Red is deadly spots(kills the player), White is walkable land, and Black is unwalkable. It works perfect and could easily be implemented towards the actual prototype that we will be working on.

0 Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to leave a comment !
Leave a Comment

Next Post Previous Post
Powered by Blogger